I suggest ...

Keep members from being involuntarily logged off

Members are getting logged out unexpectedly when visiting certain pages, or after not using the site for only a brief period of time.

If this happened to you, please add a comment with as much detail as possible. For example, what page causes you to get logged out? If it's a time issue, how long were you away from the window with hastac.org in it, and what else where you doing?

Please also let us know your operating system and browser version. Thanks!

3 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    HASTAC HelpAdminHASTAC Help (hastac.org, HASTAC) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • jarahjarah commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The login system as a whole is a bit wonky. Upon logging in, I get a 'permission error' result - saying I need to register or login. But, I have actually been logged in- and I can access my profile and post etc. It logs me out when I go to the hastac home page, and also after less than 10 minutes of using the site. If I am working on a post, it seems as though I am logged in until I go to post it- at which time it redirects me to a permission error - saying I need to login. Then, my content disappears, never to be seen again. I am using Safari.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It seems to be a time issue for me, after about 2 hours (I typically leave about a dozen sites open in tabs and check back periodically through the day).

Feedback and Knowledge Base