I suggest ...

Make preview reflect that actual column width of live posts.

Currently, blog preview displays something COMPLETELY different from what appears when the post goes live. This is because the preview function assumes that the post will use the entire content width, but in reality posts only get a small portion of the content column.

3 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    SheepeehSheepeeh shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • HASTAC HelpAdminHASTAC Help (hastac.org, HASTAC) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's more a of long-range solution. Changing the layout of the page could have a lot of repercussions, so we will be doing it very carefully. I would recommend continuing to use workarounds (for example, sometimes I make by browser window smaller for previewing) for the time being. Also keep in mind the rule of thumb that the current content well is about 400 pixels wide.

Thanks for your patience and contributions to the community!

• SheepeehSheepeeh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

That works, too! Any idea when it might be implemented?
        (Basically I want to know if I should go through the hassle of multiple edits with the current interface or just wait a bit for the new and improved content section.)

Feedback and Knowledge Base