I suggest ...

Add Storypal module for Storify stories.

Storify is a convenient platform for sharing content from diverse sources. There's a module for Drupal (http://drupal.storify.com/) that creates a field for importing Storify stories. This would allow us to share the content on the HASTAC site for comment, rather than only being able to post a link to the original story.

(The embed code for Storify doesn't work because users are not able to post scripts. I tried pasting the no-script HTML, but the result was pretty ugly.)

5 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    SheepeehSheepeeh shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  HASTAC HelpAdminHASTAC Help (hastac.org, HASTAC) responded  · 

We love Storify and are happy to help HASTAC members use it more on the site.

I’ve made a change so that all users with any additional “roles” (including staff, HASTAC Scholars, and Competition winners) can now access the Full HTML input type, which permits scripts. This allows users to disable the rich-text editor and paste in the embed code for Storify and other widgets.

Please let me know if this does not adequately meet the need for the module, and I will reopen the suggestion.

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • SheepeehSheepeeh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Cathy -- the Storypal module is quite simple and just adds a field to the "Post Content" page. You put the link to the Storify in the field, and it sucks the content in for you. I've tried it on my own Drupal installation; easy-peasy and low-resource use.

• Cathy DavidsonCathy Davidson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ruby, once we have recovered from 8 insanely intense days and the whole run up to our Competition and our 1000+ conference, I'd like HASTAC to investigate how much it would take to integrate Storypal with our hugely complicated and over-extended already Drupal site . . . if we cannot, what can we do? A satellite site? Or just links for HASTAC scholars who might want to use this tool.

Feedback and Knowledge Base